My husband and I bought our home in 1980 and raised our family here. We met while attending East Carolina University. I majored in art and my work is displayed in my home. Our annual "Open House" allowed me to sell my crafts and antiques to Hot Springs fans for many years. We recently closed our family owned antique store in town. Opening my home to overnight visitors is a natural step.
This house was built in the horse and buggy days and was the only home in the area for decades. I was told that it once had a fourteen foot porch all around the two story section. The old native stone wall out front continues toward town as the edge of the original property. The stone entrance with iron gate greets you as you turn in. There is an open covered wagon in the front yard. The house has been modernized through the years.
The highway in front was once known as the Old Little Rock highway. In the horse and buggy days it was a gaming house and was a regular stop for the stagecoach run. There is a rumor that Frank and Jessie James once robbed a stagecoach near Hot Springs. There are natural springs nearby and during droughts our property stays green. Welcome to this unique property.
- We are so happy to have you as a guest in our home. Please, you must have a reservation in advance.
- Guest check-in is after 3 p.m. Check-out is by 11 a.m. Please notify us if you will be late checking in.
- We are asked to inform you of our emergency evacuation located through the front door.
- SMOKING outside only.
- You can serve yourself at anytime in the dining room. There are beverages and snacks, and fruit in the dining room which is open 24 hours a day.
- The living room and front porch are also open 24 hours.
- There is a nice hall bath upstairs for "The English Garden Room" that has a queen size bed. "The Green Cathedral" King size bedroom has a private bath. The "Mermaid Room" has a king size bed and has use of the hall bath. The "Western Lodge Room" has a queen size bed and has use of the hall bath. The hall bath has been completely remodeled and updated with all the amenities with double sinks and a large bathtub and completely tiled.
- You will be given a front door key and a key to your room.
- There is a TV with over 300 channels in the living room and a piano with fireplace.
- We serve adults and children. We have an extra single roll-away bed that is $30 and an extra third person pays $30.
- We love pets (dogs) with previous notice with $20 dog fee per pet as you enter. Please keep them under control with a leash. Bring your own carrier. Damages will be billed extra. Plenty of room outside for walking.
- We, the owners live on the premises and reserve part of the living space. This residence has pets: 2 dogs and they are kept separately in the back yard.
- Remember North Woods is a private home and we ask that you respect the privacy of others.
- I live here in my part of the house. The kitchen is part of my section. It is not part of your section.
- I am only a text away for your questions.
- Please do not invite outside guests in the home as this would cause extra work and expense.